“To partner with churches to provide Christ-centered, life-changing, biblical teaching.”
What we offer:
- Partnering with the church
- Individual and corporate spiritual growth
- Biblical education and training
- Inductive method of Bible training
- Certificate in Bible studies
- Seminary trained faculty
- Continuing Education Units for the Association of Christian Schools International.
Our Core Values
- Transforming the Heart through the love of God poured out by the Holy Spirit (Rom.5:5).
- Transforming the Mind by helping students truly learn the Word of God through in-depth expositional study (Rom 12:1-2 and 2 Tim.2:15).
- Transforming the Soul by helping students apply and live the Word of God in every area of their lives.
- Transforming the Community by uniting believers in meaningful learning relationships and equipping them to be leaders within their local church and community.
Our mission is fulfilled primarily through partnerships with local congregations and other Christian ministries across the State of Hawai`i. It is our desire to come alongside pastors and ministry leaders to encourage them and meet the education needs of their ministries. We offer classes on a quarterly basis. Beyond taking classes for audit purposes the student can pursue our non-accredited Certificate in Biblical Studies (12 designated classes). Our mission is supported by a faculty that is representative of the constituencies we serve, competent in scholarship, skilled in teaching, experienced in ministry, and dedicated to the work of the Christian Church. We are a faith based organization funded by generous donors throughout the country who are committed to getting the “Word” out to people throughout the islands of Hawai`i.
Learning About BIH
Courses are conveniently located all over Oahu. (Special arrangements are made for neighbor islands.)
Courses meet for 2 hours per week for 8 weeks and are conveniently scheduled.
- BIH has been serving local churches throughout Hawai`i since 1972.
- BIH is truly trans-denominational and serves a variety of churches and ministries.
- BIH has many faculty members all of whom are well educated, skilled and experienced.
- BIH hosts an exciting event each year in Honolulu called “Walk in the Word.”
- BIH has alumni throughout Hawai‘i, the mainland and several nations.
Statement of Faith
Bible Institute of Hawai`i subscribes to the following:
We believe that God is the supreme Creator and eternal Sustainer of all that is and he exists eternally as the One who is Father, Son, and Spirit.
Eph. 1: 3-10, Col. 1:15-17, Heb. 1:1-4
Created Man Separated from God
We believe that God, in wisdom and in love, created the human race in his image and likeness, and commissioned them to care and control the earth, and that the first man and woman, representing the human race, refused to remain under God’s sovereign rule, and that consequently the whole human race became separated from God.
Gen. 1 – 3, Rom. 3:9-24
Jesus Christ, Unique Son of God
We believe that Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God, and that he manifested his deity and his humanity during his earthly ministry and fulfilled the Father’s eternal plan and purpose by offering himself to God as the substitutionary sacrifice for sinful humanity, and that this offering made by Jesus as High Priest was acceptable to the Father to reconcile humanity to himself, and that this was confirmed by Jesus’ resurrection and ascension.
Isa. 53, Eph. 1:18-23, 4:8-10, Phil. 2:6-11, Hebrews 2:5-18, 7:11 -22, 10:22
The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit alone makes it possible for any man or woman to be personally related to God by persuading them to repent of their sins and be forgiven by God, to receive eternal life and to live obediently to Jesus Christ as Lord.
John 3:1-8, Romans 5 – 8, Eph. 1:11-24
The Holy Scriptures
We believe that God has given the Holy Scriptures so that we may know him and his ways, and that God guided the authors of the Scriptures by inspiration so that we may have full confidence in their trustworthiness and their intended purpose and power to bring us to God.
Jer. 1:9, 2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 3:14-17, 1 Cor. 10:11-17, Heb. 4:12
The Eternal, Universal Church
We believe that God continues to form his eternal, universal Church of forgiven sinners, and that God calls the local church to faithfully represent him on earth to fulfill this purpose of gathering his people into a missional community of love.
Mat. 28:18-20, Eph. 1:3-21, Phil 2:12-13, Col. 1:18-24
We believe that history is moving to its climax of Jesus’ triumphant return to earth and the believers’ resurrection, when all people will be judged, the righteous to eternal life and the unrighteous to eternal death, and that Satan will be defeated and Christ’s kingdom of the redeemed will be visible, supreme and universal in a new heaven and a new earth.
Acts 1:9-11, Romans 8:18-25; Phil. 3:20-21, 1 Thess. 4:14-18, Heb. 12:28, Rev. 19 – 22